1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im to scared and anxious to sleep and I cant stop the paranoia & I need help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by icantpickaname, Nov 28, 2016.

1. icantpickaname

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi Everyone,

Im a generally anxious person and its getting worse as I get older and become more aware of the things & mainly the dangers around me. I feel anxious in the car with people and i dont trust the and I constantly am assesing there health and there driving, speed & how close to the next car they are or if they are going to ram into the car in front, if i hear a plane at night go over my house the first thing i think is bomb. These are only a few of many general anxieties i have but a particualr fear is causing me a imense amount of trouble. I have a fear of spiders and it has always been bad but lately its gotten to the point where I cant sleep & im scared to sleep and turn the light off & sometimes I cant stop crying I sit up during the day time worrying about and dreeding when im going to have to go to sleep.

My room is prone to spiders I find at least 1 usually multiple a day in my room & thats only the ones I can see I have had white tail spiders fall on me while i sleep and crawl up my leg on the couch I have more of an issue with them at night. Everynight without fail I will shine a flash light under the bed and do a inspection of the underneath and floor of my room then I remove the sheets and clear the bed I shake out the sheet and quilt then I shine the flash light behind the bed throughly checking for spiders then I will check behind every piece of furniture and i will check the walls for any dots or marks etc to make sure they arnt spiders then I shake out the sheets and make the bed then i repeat the bit with the flash light. I will sit with my light on for at least 30 min to make sure i can see any new ones that come out of hiding then i turn the light off & even after this I am paramoid and fearful and I cant make the anxiety stop. Even just sitting in my room makes me anxious I can feel what feels like lots of tiny spiders and bugs in my hair running around and feel them running all over my body. I cant sleep & im paranoid and panicy and cry.

When im asleep i cant protect myself I am defenceless and not in control i ususally do the flash ligth check thing multiple times a night. Every dot or mark on a wall every bit of dust fills me with the fear and I cant take it I cant sleep and all i want to do is cry I dont know what to do logically I know that they probably wont hurt me & that no one in Australia has died of a spider bite in decades but If i get bitten in my sleep and I dont know i could die. I feel like they are falling onto my neck and back and head from webs as i write this I cant deal with this anymore I dont know what to do my family get mad when i make a big deal out of the spiders I sleep with a shoes and a can of one shot spider spray onmy bed side table I even keep my air con vents shut so they cant get in that way. I really dont know what to do I should like a baby.

Please help me the thought of having to sleep tonignt is unbearbale.

2. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please don't misunderstand my motives here; this is only meant to be helpful. Don't take it wrong I hope, but from what you are saying I think this is something you need to discuss with a professional. This seems to me to be beyond what someone without specialized knowledge could help you with. I think the sooner you do that the better you will feel. What you describe is nothing less than mental torture. See a professional and stop suffering is my advice. I wish you well.