1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do now?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ryu, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Ryu

Ryu

This is a tricky topic to write about...
    I have a friend who moved to America two years ago. He didn't really have a great time in England before secondary school, and when he moved to America things got worse. So much so that he killed himself last night and don't know what to do. I went to school today knowing but not talking about it, even mentioning it and I just don't know what I should do.

Its not much to work on but any help is sincerely appreciated.

2. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Ryu,

I'm sorry for your friend and for you. It must have been hard for you to hear this over the internet/telephone.

Do you want to talk about it? Perhaps set out your understanding of what he went through and what you are going through? Or would you rather just tell us about him and what he was like?

I hope this helps and, again, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.

3. Ryu

Ryu

Well when he lived in England he apparently wasn't particularly popular in primary school, but I don't know much about that since I went to a different school. He said that since he was born in Germany and was part American and had an American accent, he was either the German kid or the American kid and never really fitted in. When he moved up to secondary he found that he had friends, he was popular, always a happy chappy, and so on, we would play D&D together and we were good friends.

Then in year 8, his dad was either had to move to America, Belgium or get fired, so he chose to move to America since That's where his family were. This also meant that he had toove to a different country, make new friends and so on, but I know from experience as an unsociable person that's hard, especially half way through secondary school. He apparently had the same problem in America as he did in primary, but this time he was either the nazi kid or the English kid, and had one friend throughout the rest of the year who then moved. During the holidays he then told himself he would try and get friends but this succeeded to we'll and had too many friends to constantly keep up with, so by the end of the year he was alone again. He had also by this point been on the receiving end of physical, mental and sexual abuse.
    Over the following holiday he literally wished upon a star for a friend, in a similar situation to him, ie. From outside of town, same interests, same music taste, etc. And this wish magically came true, a life line for him. He was slowly becoming more sociable, we started talking again as 'the old gang' about two months ago, and I said things I had never said to anyone else before (eg my orientation in certain terms, the fact I have aspergers),and vice versa. But it seems that what had happened previously had affected him so much, and the fact he couldn't confess his love to his wish upon a start due to the fear of it going, it all got to much to bear and. Well... I found out this morning he had killed himself.

4. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hiya,

Thanks for sharing that. It sounds like he had a really difficult time moving to the USA due to the social problems he faced.

How did you find out? Was it just out of the blue? It must have been a shock for you. Was he your closest friend?

5. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like he was special and this is truly a great loss.