1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another falling in love with straight friend thread

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nchehe, Nov 30, 2016.

1. nchehe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    any tips on how to "minimise" the feeling of love ?

sigh, I love my straight friend. I'm not confused, I'm 37 already lol.

we ride our bmx together, and spend time together a lot. so that is tough for me to hold my feelings. keeping myself away from him is not an option, because of our shared hobby.

he is absolutely wonderful - handsome, funny, annoys me, love cats.

anyways, just wanted to share what I'm feeling now - sad, hurt. I'm feeling slightly better already. thanks for hearing

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey nchehe,

Generally speaking, as you probably know, time and focusing your attention on something/someone else is pretty much the only way to get over it.

Sometimes talking to your crush and letting them know can be a bit of a relief and aid in getting over him. I don't know what kind of long-term or close friendship you have with him, but is he the kind of person that you could tell about your crush on him and he would most likely just take it in stride?

3. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know how that feels.

Talk about it with him if he's really a good guy.

While you are riding, it would be a good occasion, maybe stop in a calm place, or keep riding.

Talking about it is a very good way to relax, and if you're doing a relaxing activity , it'll be better very soon.

Hope it'll get better (and I hope that you will go out with him, everyone can be "curious" ;D )

4. nchehe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks quantum and chained. we fought before and didn't talk for a week. that gave me depression, made me realise I'm addicted to him (or the idea of him ? )

not willing to risk our friendship by telling him about my secret feelings

arghhhh.

I'll learn to focus on other things . any tips/ideas?

5. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry for not responding earlier.

So, first of all, what have you fought about ?

I know how it feels to argue with your crush/best-friend. That murders me from the inside when it happens. I hope it'll get better.

Do not hit something that is fragile at the moment. Wait a little for things to get better, and then tell him when you feel OK with it.

I don't really have any idea to think of other things except keep doing what you love. I am a gamer, so I play games to vent, or think of the problem face first (usually ends up with a depressed day). Maybe try to ride your BMX while thinking of other things.

I hope it'll get better for you, don't forget to post updates please. I'd love to help you more. :wink: