1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to approach my crush

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CrazyBoutBoyz, Nov 30, 2016.

1. CrazyBoutBoyz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just recently got confirmation that my crush is gay. I want to know how to approach him. And by that I mean get closer to him to know whether or not pursuing him is a good idea, because I've only admired him from afar. I've sort of known him since at least middle school, maybe elementary school, but we ended up going into different cliques (we never really got anywhere past being acquaintances). I hang out with nerds, geeks, and emos, and he hangs out with popular girls and stuff. How do I go about closing the gap between us before I actually try making a move since I'm still in the closet for the most part, because I need to focus on school instead of boys, but this is something I've waited years for. So, how would I naturally go about getting closer to him, because just going up to him and saying, "let's be friends" is WAY out of the picture.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey CrazyBoutBoyz,

That's kinda tough if you run in different social circles.

Do you have any mutual friends? Can you find out anything about his interests or hobbies to see if you have something in common? Can a mutual friend 'formally' introduce you to him so that you can chat with him and see if he would like to hang out with you?

3. CrazyBoutBoyz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You see, that's the problem. I know I find him attractive and I know from what little interaction I've had with him that he's funny, but I don't know much else about him. I want to get closer to him to decide whether or not I want to pursue him further, because I know he's an option. I don't really have a mutual friend either. Also, I'm not really out, so even if I did have a mutual friend, it would be an awkward situation.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, dude, I do see that that's the problem.

I'm sorry to say that my best suggestion then is a 'crazy' notion of you actually approaching him alone, one-on-one, telling him that you are also gay and are interested him. He can either go with the flow or shut you down. But at least you would have closure on whether or not your crush on him has any future possibilities.

I guess the worst case is that he turns you down and you find it awkward/embarrassing. So, is that too large a price to pay to get closure and/or, possibly gain a new bf?

Your call.:slight_smile: