1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I honestly don't know anymore

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Bournville98, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Bournville98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess I'm just venting about this so here it goes:

I honestly don't know what to think or do anymore. Besides coming out to three people, I am a very closeted person. Besides one openly gay guy who I barely know, I don't know anyone who is gay or bisexual in my local area. It's really getting kind of horrible for me.

I am sexually frustrated and have never really had a relationship with a man before, although I have fancied a few guys... I just can't find anyone to talk to and sympathize with. I haven't found anyone IRL or online so far who has been in the same or similar kind of situation that I am in right now. God, it really is annoying and frustrating for me to talk about this. It feels like hitting brick walls with no one to knock them down for you. Shit. :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::tears::***:

2. Asking

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Blarg. Two words for you bro: New York. Queens in particular, the most diverse city on earth. Ha I know it's not realistic, you probably like your home, but it's fun to imagine. That has gotta be tough, And I hope it works out!

-Answering

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    According to your profile, you have managed to tell your Mum about your sexuality and you should be proud of yourself for that, because it's a big thing to do. Coming out to parents is a big deal. The only person who it's harder to come out to... is ourself. How did it feel telling your Mum?

What do you see as the main reason for staying in the closet now? What do you think is keeping you there?

Talk to us about it. Many of us are in the same boat - or we have been there.

4. Bournville98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The reason why I'm staying in the closet right now is because I don't really know who to trust when it comes to opening up about my sexuality. That and I don't really know about my friends and family's views on my sexuality.

I don't want anything horrible to happen to me when I come out even though those horrible things are not apparent to me.
    I mean, should I be worried that people might make guesses about my sexuality without me telling them? Should I be worried that my sexuality might be used against me in the context of violence and abuse? Should I be worried that others might slate me behind my back and tell other people about my sexuality without my permission? Should I be worried that my sexuality might be used as a way to exploit me?
    Those are the kinds of things that I'm worried about.

Also, my Mum is pretty much accepting of me and people with my sexuality, but that doesn't really stop me from being anxious about my sexuality.