1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom problem

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Guff, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Guff

I've come out to my parents a bit ago, my mom is taking it very badly where as my dad is taking it "okay".
    Today I was walking by my parents room and I overhead my mom on the phone say something about "I just don't know what to do with a gay child" which struck my attention, Being the invasive person I am I snuck into her room crawled (She was on her bed) and silently went underneath her bed to listen what's up. LOL
    I could clearly hear her but I could only kinda hear the dude on the other end. I definitely heard him talk a lot about the bible and definitely heard him say how I'm an abomination. My mom was pretty agreeing to his words. I couldn't make out what this dude said but she said she totally agrees that if I can't be saved she at least has to "protect" the rest of her kids from me. She than spoke about how my dad isn't reacting the way he should (or at least how she thinks he should) the guy agreed and said something about the bible and following what your husband says and etc and than said some passage about how wives must submit to a Jesus loving husband and than said if he's accepting me he's not a Christian man so she has the right to do things behind his back and etc. I couldn't hear a lot, but he did say "Your husband loves your son, his love for his son is blinding him of his faith. You can't follow the blind" Anyhow he than gave her a few links/resources to check out that she wrote down in her dairy (Not her notebook (which helps me to believe she's being extra careful about my dad reading it) So she than locked her dairy and left the room. I watched where she put the key and again being an invasive person LOL I unlocked her dairy and flipped to the page with the links. Most were just youtube videos explaining why homos will burn in hell and how to confront your child of their sinful nature. But 1 link leads to a therapist in our area that still does "reconstructive therapy" on homosexuals. I did some research on the guy, apparently he was a pastor and than became a biblical therapist.

So, my mom has mentioned anything about it. I just don't really know what to do from here?... Any advice?

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2016 at 11:10 AM ----------

*Hasn't LOL

2. mattni

Okay, first of all, if she approaches you about it, do not give into what your mom is trying to do to you. Stand your ground. Nothing can change you, it's who you are and your mom has to realize she can't do anything about it. Your Mom shouldn't be setting you up for conversion theory. She must learn to accept who you are. Second of all, you can maybe try and educate her more on homosexuality and why it's not as bad as she thinks it is. Maybe that might help. But seriously, don't give in, gay conversion therapy sucks (or so I've heard). Good luck. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Guff,

I’m sorry that you are having to deal with this, but it seems like you really, really need to help educate your Dad some more about homosexuality – perhaps provide him some literature from PFLAG, such as the “Our Children” pamphlet available on their website. It would be wonderful if he’d read it and maybe even get your Mom to read it – even though it seems unlikely that she would at this point.

Your Mom is “drinking the Kool Aid.” She’s in deep denial about your homosexuality and totally uniformed about it. Worse, she’s seeking help and counseling from other ignorant people rather than trying to find out the reality of things through neutral, informed sources.

This guy she’s talking is an example of the worst kind of person who deigns to call himself a Christian. He’s espousing hate where Jesus only espoused Love. True, unconditional Love from parents for one’s child is pure and natural. Hating your child because of some misinterpreted scribblings in a book is unnatural. Faith and love are not at odds. Faith and love are both very personal things. This guy’s interpretation of HIS faith is irrelevant to anyone but him. Does this guy even have kids of his own? (If so, I’d hate to be one of them.)

It seems like as long as your Dad stays in your corner, you are o.k. (relatively speaking, since you still have to live with your Mom’s irrational hate every day). I really think you should try to get your Dad up to speed on the realities of having a homosexual son as quickly as possible.

I don’t know if any of that helps…

Stay strong, my friend!:slight_smile: