1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family issues

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nightowl88, Dec 11, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so this may just seem stupid to some people but I am currently having a lot of issues with my dad and stepmom. Sometimes when he gets tired of asking my brother and I to clean our rooms he will do it when we are at our moms which often ends in stuff going missing. He did that last week except he didn't ask us to clean our rooms at any point before hand. I've also yet to find anything missing. I was looking for a way to tell him how I hate when he does that because it makes me feel like I don't have my own space and I get very uncomfortable. Every time I try to tell him my stepmom tells me I'm ungrateful and I should be thanking him and I owe him for doing it for me. Now this morning I wake up to my dad, stepmom, and dad very loudly growing through the room right outside mine and then they complained when I got up and closed my door to get dressed. My stepmom told my brother today that he has too much random stuff and he has to go through it and throw stuff away because she doesn't want him to have stuff he hasn't used in years. Now I know she's going to do the same thing when she comes in my room. The only real difference between us is his stuff is all in bins and mine is on my shelves or dresser and desk. I really hate the idea of going through this stuff because it's all stuff I want to keep. Little porcelain dolls, stuffed animals I've had since I was a baby, little toys and things I've kept thoughrout the years and it's all stuff I love and I can't imagine getting rid of. My dad already hates these things so I don't know how to convince them I can't get rid of them. Sorry this probably sounds like a stupid problem. I am thankful for any help I receive.

2. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Id suggest keeping your room clean so they don't have anything to complain about. As for throwing things away that you want to keep. Nope put your foot down, they are your things and if you want them then keep them.

I could see their point if it was junk all over the floor or bins of stuff you haven't used in years but it its stuff that has sentimental value to you then keep it, you will be glad you did when you are older and still have stuff to remind you of childhood.

3. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. And the keeping my room clean isn't really easy. My dad decided it was mess when there was 2 jackets on the floor and a stack of books on my desk.