1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with someone who makes you vulnerable

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shasta, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    While it's not a person I love I am dealing with someone who makes me feel vulnerable. This is the second time this has happened. First with my boss and this time with a stranger someone I know very little about but this post from quora pretty much nails how I feel

It means you have to share your authentic self with the one you love. You have to communicate openly, not hide things. You have to be able to talk about things, even if it's scary or uncomfortable. You have to show your true self, even the parts that are hurt and broken. You have to tell the truth even when telling the truth is frightening.

All that means that when you love someone, you are handing them a terrible weapon to hurt you with and trusting them not to hurt you. But that's the way it has to be, because there is no love without intimacy and there is no intimacy without vulnerability.
    11.1k Views ยท

Again this not a romantic relationship, but an acquaintance someone whom I will probably never cross paths with again. She reads me like an open book no matter how hard I try to hide.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

That can be hard, and I'm not sure exactly how the person is or what your situation is like, but sometimes I think vulnerability can be a good thing because it's pushing you outside your comfort zone. Vulnerability is how we form bonds with people by connecting with them on a deeper level, and allowing them to see the deeper parts of us so that they may feel safer showing us the deeper parts of them.
    So as scary as it can be sometimes, I think in most situations, it's not something to run from. Of course, if the person is someone who may tell your secrets and thoughts to others or judge you harshly, then that's not good and that person doesn't deserve to see those things.

I think it just happens with certain people who make us feel more comfortable, like we like them and they make us feel good so we want to return that by being vulnerable with them in order to connect with them more.

3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I always wondered why they say such things. All hearts are broken and a disapointed lover is more dangerous than Charles Manson.

You have two options:
    1. Figure out weak spots
    2. Run away and never return.