1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I'm obsessed with a co-worker

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by wildestdreams, Dec 12, 2016.

1. wildestdreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been on here for a while and have been having therapy and hypnotherapy but I am really struggling with a new crush/obsession that I have over one of my colleagues.

I have known him since September and we have worked closely on a Christmas show where he was the lead and I was 2nd lead. I saw him shirtless when we were getting changed and it made my crush even worse as he has a really nice body. I really liked him when he was just a colleague and not working closely.

By the way he is straight.

All I can think about is him and what he is doing and comparing my life to his. Coincidentally he is also friends with people I knew from school who I wasn't great friends with. I am friends with him in Facebook and I find myself checking his profile or actively looking to see his activity on my News Feed.

I am worried about this as I don't want to lose him as a mate. I am not necessarily friends with him but I want to be, but I know we are only colleagues.

We also have our staff Christmas party this Friday but I can't go as I promised a friend I would go to a concert but am planning on meeting up after when they get drinks in the local town after. I am jealous as he is going to be at the party and I now want to go so I am with him and can hang out with him.

Please help as I am becoming quite depressed over these feelings.

2. wildestdreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If anyone can help it would be much appreciated

3. Lazuri

Seems to me that you need closure. Whenever I get a crush on somebody I know won't feel the same, I just admit it and get shot down by them and it pretty much always works. Unfortunately, this isn't always possible when you're not straight as it might create complications, but if it's a possibility, you should do it. Being denied by your crush is, well, crushing, but it doesn't hurt nearly as much when you know the outcome and just want closure.

4. ForeignBeauty

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Having feelings for someone whom you know you can't have is one of the most difficult things in life. Can I ask if you know how this man feels about Gay's? How do you think he would react if you told him that you have a crush on him? I would say to go for it, but he is your colleague and things can be quite awkward if you were to profess your feelings to him. But I wouldn't say push it. Continue to respect him (boundaries).

Hang in there.