1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to date but afraid to be close to people(Anxiety and Depression)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LonelyPond, Dec 13, 2016.

1. LonelyPond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always had to deal with depression and anxiety. I'm starting back in therapy and anti-depressants. I had a bad situation dealing with a possible relationship that turned for the worst and I lost most of my friends because a bunch of love triangles and I got used in the end. I transferred over to a new school and I while a lot of people know me and I can have a conversation with people, I feel like I don't know how to be close to people anymore.

The past couple of years have been getting more tough. I've never cared for dating up until this point but now at 23 the feeling that I can never really be with someone I like has been stuck in my head. I've been talking to my friend who is a Lesbian and she says that I should be more open at school about being bi. There's another girl that transferred with us that I started to like, and my friend says I should go for it. She definitely my type and and we've had conversation. But I'm too scared to be more forward about hanging out.

I've always been scared of rejection and after what happened months ago, it just gives me more anxiety. Here's a link to my last post about what exactly happened: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...-get-over-hurt-feelings-survive-semester.html

Want to talk to my therapist about it by our next meeting(as much as I don't want to be probed about my sexuality). But does anyone have advice one learning how to open up and trust people again. Thanks.