1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice On Chest Binding

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by rebelAssassin, Dec 14, 2016.

1. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a biologically female genderfluid, and I've found that when I identify as male or neither, I struggle with my chest. I don't have a very large chest, but when I feel like a male, it bugs me to no end. I don't have a binder, nor do I have any way to 1) get one from a friend (one said they'd give me one, but hasn't been able to find it, so I'm not holding out hope) or 2) purchase one on the down-low (I'm broke and my folks would not approve of my asking them for a binder) so I've been wearing 3 sports bras at once for the past few days. I've been wearing one that's slightly too large, one that fits properly, and one that's a size too small, in that order. The smallest one I put on backwards (it's ripped) and I'm being extremely cautious with how long I wear all 3 at once, but it isn't enough. Does anyone have any tips one self made binders that won't cause rib/tissue damage? Or maybe advice as to how I could get a binder? Any help would be very, very appreciated. :eusa_shhh :icon_ques :help:

2. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you could ask a friend to get you one for Christmas. It's the perfect time of year for having things shipped discreetly. GC2b binders ship in an inconspicuous package and if anyone asks, you could just say it's a gift you ordered for someone else. Or ask the friend to have it shipped to their house.

Or if you want to go the homemade route, some tights/pantyhose have a tighter portion around the waist that can be used as a binder if you cut off the legs and cut out the crotch area to make a hole for your head. Probably not the safest, but could be a short-term solution for you.

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Christmas thought is a sneakily good idea. However, I personally wouldn't recommend the pantyhose. From my experience it did very little in terms of binding. But it is worth a shot if you are desperate and you say you don't have a large chest.

I've heard there are charities that offer used binders. I don't know how discreet they are in packaging however.

Sebby45

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2016 at 01:28 AM ----------

Oh! I also forgot to mention that Ace bandages are totally off limits. They are designed in such a way that they get tighter the longer you wear them, thus they can bruise/crack ribs in worst case scenarios. Also, no duct tape...Ouch.