1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed Dating- what to expect?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Dec 19, 2016.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so I identify as a femme and although I have never been with a woman I am attracted to feminine girls. I find it very frustrating as I always end up crushing on straight girls so I was thinking about going to this femme speed dating that is going to be set up in London after xmas...I am worried because I will be going alone (im not out to anyone) and I really do not know what to expect...has anyone else been or has any advice?

thanks!

2. Bikermm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry, never tried it so can't really help on what to expect but I advise you to just go, you may have a great time and if you don't then you can just leave.

You may just meet someone wonderful :thumbsup:

3. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you for your kind words! I need to get my head around buying the ticket :slight_smile:

4. Really

Is there contact info for the organizer? Maybe you could ask how it works and what to expect. It might help your nerves somewhat to know, more or less, what's going to happen. I'm sure the others are just as nervous. And what's the worse that could happen? You spend some money and you don't like anybody. But you're more likely to meet some nice women and whether there's attraction or not, you could make some friends. :slight_smile:

Don't forget to report back. :wink:

5. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! Thanks for your reply!! I finally got myself together and bought the ticket to go to this speed dating event in a couple of weeks as they are selling quickly....im actually scared to death (as i was before going to my first support group session) so an overwellming feeling that i might not go is crawling in (although it was expensive, 20 pounds).
    I am also going on my own as im not out to anyone but my mom and it wouldnt be appropiate to take her :slight_smile: i feel quite overwellmed by it, i feel that everystep towards accepting myself is more and more difficult...any advice??