1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clothing issues!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by jenne, Dec 24, 2016.

1. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hello my lovely people! i have a little problem.. when it's time to go out with friends (all girls) like to a club or somewhere you have to dress for a formal occasion..
    let's say my friends will wear their cool tight dresses high heels and makeup and i just wear a shirt..my everyday shoes.. you get it! and i feel bad because at that time i feel like i don't fit in.. but i hate wearing feminine clothes and especially heels! so all i do is try avoiding situations like that because i feel uncomfortable.. they also get taller than me with the heels so i feel even worse haha
    what can i do?=/

2. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you want to dress like your friends? You could ask those same friends for help. Most friends will be willing to offer advice, and seriously good friends will NOT make fun or ridicule you if you choose to dress your own way.

3. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cater to your own wants. For example, do your hair the way you want but maybe spend a little more time on it. Or wear one of your nicer shirts to feel better about yourself, things of that nature. Also if you feel comfortable asking your friends their opinion I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping.

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the kind of person who will never wear a dress/skirt, and (heaven forbid!) high heels. So, I hear you.

I agree with pd04 in that you can make yourself up a little fancier than usual (nicest shirt, least beat up shoes, fancier hair style) but don't sacrifice who you are just to fit in. You will end up feeling even more incomfortable, IMHO. And as Odahingum said, real friends won't mock you for being who you are.

Sebby45

---------- Post added 24th Dec 2016 at 12:32 PM ----------

That was "uncomfortable."

5. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are lots of nice ways for girls to dress that don't involve dresses and skirts - I myself don't have a problem with wearing more "feminine" clothes, but when I can't be bothered with all that, I find that a nice blouse or shirt is a good substitute. Smart pants or skinny jeans, depending on where you're going, look great for that style.
    If you're going to a club or a place where you feel that you have to look sexy or whatever, would shorts work for you?

Also - sometimes you can wear quite "plain" clothes and dress them up with jewellery and belts. They don't have to be overtly feminine, because a watch or a simple chain or something can be enough. Hope this helped!

6. Really

Get yourself a pair of funky shoes and work out an outfit or two from the ground up. :slight_smile: