1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have everything I ever need, but completely lonely.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TanMan, Dec 25, 2016.

1. TanMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone! Today I just feel bored, depressed, and lonely. I don't have many friends that I meet up with (in fact none at all). I do have friends that I haven't seen since high school (coming on 5 years now), but it's so hard not having any social life besides social media. I just feel so alone.

I have almost everything I ever need, such as a roof over my head, family, video games, money (some spending money from working), a college degree (2), and basically many things... but why am I so unhappy? A few years ago in high school, I kind of had a mental breakdown when I had two friends over. One of them said to me that my parents give me everything, so why am I so unhappy? That has stuck with me my entire life. Why am I so unhappy? Is it because I don't have friends? Do I need a boyfriend?

I just feel so alone, and my coming out experience as been semi okay. My parents still think it's a choice and are trying to find me a counselor. Maybe it's time for me to start looking for a boyfriend.

I don't even know what I'm asking here. Just wanting to vent while a try and find something to do to keep me busy on this Christmas Day.

I am overweight, but I've lost 95 pounds over the past couple 6 or so months. I feel like I'm at the point where I will never have a life partner and end up dying alone :frowning2:

I plan on coming on via Facebook to the rest of my friends and family in the next couple months, so maybe that can help me with finding a boyfriend (meeting people via friends, etc).

I just really want a boyfriend. Never been kissed, never kisses, still a virgin, and I'm socially awkward. Why must this be so hard?

2. Exodia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can relate to your issues of feeling alone, so at least you're not only one feeling like that. When I start getting depressed due to my loneliness I ask my friends and family if they want to hang out, and if I can't bring myself to talk to anyone, I play video games or read books.
    Congratulations on losing weight and I wish you luck finding a boyfriend.

3. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I relate to your feelings very well. I feel selfish sometimes, because I feel so lonely when I have the best family in the world. I don't really have any friends, apart from my online friends and a couple of coworkers that I get along pretty well with, because we didn't stay in contact when Sixth Form ended. Sometimes I wish that I just had someone, but I don't know how to put myself out there.

You're not alone, though, and congratulations on losing so much weight! You must be so driven, and the fact that you've lost that weight by yourself kind of tells me that you can really do things when you put your mind to it. When I'm feeling particularly lonely myself, I'll do the same as Exodia and see if I can hang out with my family, or I'll go and play with my dogs or play a videogame or read a book or something.

Good luck finding someone. :slight_smile:

4. Cory675

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems like you feel stuck in a rut. Perhaps part of the problem is your current environment.
    You say that your parents still think your sexuality is a choice and are trying to find you a counselor to make you straight? Personally, I don't think I could deal with parents who thought that...I would find that type of relationship very toxic.

Is there any type of project you would like to do or anything you would like to achieve? Perhaps you may need some change in your life? Are there any other cities where you would like to live? For some people, a change in landscape can be helpful but if the only reason you do it is to escape your current life, you won't really be happy. But if there is somewhere else you would really like to live, the move would be a good project, it would open your horizons and may be a good opportunity for you to make new discoveries and find yourself. Or, if you have been unhappy for a long time, it may be worth seeing a psychologist to perhaps dig deeper.

I would caution you not to seek a relationship when you're currently really unhappy with your life. The truth is that your happiness must come from yourself. If you seek someone just to sooth the pain in your life, you only end up hurting yourself more, and you end up hurting the other person. We tend to make very poor choices when we are depressed.

Anyways... a couple things to consider. Hope this helps :slight_smile: