1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blush when people talk about LGBT topics

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sixela, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Sixela

Whenever people talk about LGBT topics, even if I don't join the conversation, I turn bright red. I'm not out to anyone, so maybe I'm afraid they're going to ask me if I'm gay, i don't know. But when I turn bright red I'm sure they know something is up! It's gotten so bad I can't even say the word gay without blushing. I told my mom that someone I know recently came out as gay, and I turned red. The conversations occurring in my house about homosexuality are usually negative, and id love to stick up for the LGBT community but I blush so much (it's obvious because I'm very, very pale) and usually just leave the room. Okay, sorry this post is a bit all over the place. But has anyone experienced anything like this? I'd appreciate any answers :slight_smile:

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have experienced a similar situation. I used to find it very hard to talk about LGBT topics.I didn't blush, but I would kind of get all nervous and stuttery. Sometimes it is still hard, but it definitely gets easier the more you talk about them and becomes WAY easier after coming out.

3. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think you need to figure out a way to calm your nerves if you want that to stop. Coming out to someone (eg. a friend, not necessarily family) should help you significantly, as a lot of the nervousness that leads to your blushing stems from an internal desire to speak out. I didn't used to blush or stutter when I was closeted about my sexuality, though I did become very irritable. All of this stopped once I started coming out to people. The same thing happened regarding my gender identity, though I've since learned to deal with that with distractions, even without coming out.