1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by confusedhippy, Dec 30, 2016.

1. confusedhippy

Some background: I'm a 19 year old girl from New England. I've secretly known I was bisexual since the third grade. I only recently came out to friends and family last year and I've only ever been in heterosexual relationships. I am currently in a year and a half long heterosexual partnership.

Okay, so here's the deal: I've always thought I was bisexual. But recently, I've been feeling increasingly gay. I've been getting more attracted to girls and less attracted to guys. The only male person I'm attracted to anymore even a little is my partner.

I guess I'm just confused. Am I attracted to my partner solely because I love him (and does that make me a lesbian?)? or does all this mean I'm bisexual and just on the more wlw side of the spectrum?

Thanks you guys, I'm desperate for help.:confused:

2. WarmEmbrace

Ultimately the answer is in your heart. If at some point your love for another will be so great, that you feel staying with your partner is no longer right for you, tell him about it then make the move ( but don't go behind his back and keep him as a safety net that's just cruel :slight_smile: ).

Who you were when you started this relationship is not necessarily who you are now. Neuroscience backs up the Buddhist concept that the idea of constant self is an illusion, and we are in fact in constant change.

Neuroscience backs up the Buddhist belief  that

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, welcome to the site!

As far as your question - there could be a variety of reasons you're feeling more attracted to women lately. You mention though that you're still attracted to your partner - how are things in your relationship? Do you feel like you're looking outside of the relationship for something that you're not getting, or are you still happy together and just find yourself noticing women more?