1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullies

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stride, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Stride

Stride Guest

Whats the best way to make sure you dont get bullied?

2. iliketolift1

A laundry room. Pretty happy here. I think...
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The best way to keep yourself from being bullied is to be confident and love yourself. If you radiate confidence a bully is less likely to mess with you. By being confident you also probably wont care what the bullies have to say. Remembering their opinion doesn't matter is the hardest bit for most. Just keep your head up and don't let it get to you. Other than that, is always nice to have a group of friends to support you if you are ever getting bullied.

Hope this helped, and if you are getting bullied just remember they are the ones with the problem and are probably insecure themselves. :thumbsup:

3. Stride

Stride Guest

Thanks.

Have you been bullied before?

4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree that confidence is important. If you let yourself look vulnerable in front of them, bullies will target you and use your vulnerabilities against you. Instead, make yourself seen unfazed by them. Regardless of how you really feel, if you show them that their attempts to mess with you aren't working, they'll eventually get bored and stop.

Also, learn to stand your ground in your day-to-day life. In this way you'll show them that you're able to speak up for yourself and stand your ground, without even having to approach them directly. This should put off bullies as they generally prefer to pick on weaker-looking people.

5. iliketolift1

A laundry room. Pretty happy here. I think...
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to get bullied for a bunch of different stuff, although i'm not out I used to get pushed down the stairs and called a "dyke" and a "lesbian" etc. Haha i guess they were right though. And before that there was a girl that used to bite and scratch me. Stupid of her I know. I didn't let it get to me and now they leave me alone. It turns out the girl that used to scratch me had a shitty home life and was just taking it out at school. People like to bully others because they feel weak and the only way for them to feel better about themselves is for them to make someone else feel weak. If you are getting bullied make sure to tell an adult or a school official or someone so the situation can be handled. If I hadn't reported the girl she would probably have kept messing with me. Perhaps the fact that I started lifting weights and could probably pick my bullies up helped as well :lol:.

Good luck my friend

6. Herbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mostly keep myself from being bullied by having a stock list of witty repartee to throw out whenever someone tries to. Like, whenever someone outright asks 'Are you really a [insert obscene synonym for being gay here]', I reply with something along the lines of 'You seem dreadfully concerned with my sex life for someone that claims to be straight', and then go along with the resulting back and forth. Then I maintain my looks in the 'adorable' direction, endear myself to teachers, and maintain social connections to certain high-status individuals so any potential bullies are unwilling to escalate to anything physical.

That sort of strategy only really works in the specific personal case of 'Can be charming and witty when the situation calls for it and with select individuals, but doesn't bother being charming enough in general that there aren't any bullies in the first place'.

7. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have really, really low self esteem. People have tried to tease me about being trans or something. I tend to threaten the, and it helps that I can be really scary sometimes. I don't take crap from nobody, hehe. And I don't feel remorse for most things I threaten, and I truly would hurt them if they were being mean. I have sociopathic tendencies.