1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures Deleted why?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Harley, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Harley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi folks,

I'm looking for a bit of input here.

To cut a long story short, I got into a relationship with a friend, both girls. We'd both never been with women before. None of us were comfortable enough to go public, so we kept it to ourselves or at least tried to for the best part of 3 years.

People had their suspicions & asked us about the relationship, but we denied it all the way. Anyway, the pressure became to much. I found out a few months back that my now ex had cheated on me with a guy, so I ended it then & there.

I cut all contact, deleted photos etc. She started dating this guy, however, we both have mural friends. My ex still had photos of us both on her IG & FB accounts, posted recent photos wearing clothes I had gave her & I'd still wearing a friendship bracelet we got together.

I returned all my things at the time of the break up. That was 4 months ago. A friend has just told me that she's now deleted pictures of us both after new years. Why would she wait until now to delete them? She always said that she would never delete photos because they are memories. She still had pictures of exes when we were together, so why keep pictures of them & delete ones of me? I deleted mine because I was hurting at the time, I didn't want to see her or be reminded what she done to me, but why is has she waited 4 months to delete pictures of me? Especially if she's still in a long distance relationship with the guy she cheated with & still has pictures of other exes?

2. SiKiHe

I'm sorry all this happened to you :frowning2:

I can't tell you exactly why she did it, but it is possible that she wanted to keep them for memories as she said, but found herself in a position where she didn't want to be outed as bisexual or questioning. It sounds like even when you were dating you were very secretive about it and her situation may have changed with either her current boyfriend, or her environment. Deleting the photos might have been for her safety rather than being an act against you.

Regardless of her reasoning though, I hope you feel better and happier soon (*hug*)

3. Harley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks Sikihe. This guy has no idea about me. She's been posting snaps, of them after we broke up. There's nothing lovey dovey in the Photos of us both. They were just fun snaps if happier times. I just don't understand why now she's decided to delete them. I know her & she never deletes photos. We met when she had a boyfriend, but I always told her I was against cheating & never allowed anything to happen while she was with him. She soon ended it with him, telling people they split because he cheated on her. That was a lie. I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does. We did have a bad break. Anytime we did have a fight I always contacted her. Maybe she's pissed off because I haven't went running. I don't know whether she's done it because she knows it will get back to me or if its because she's struggling to move on. As I said she's never deleted pictures of other exes, so why me?! We never posted anything that would suggest we were in love. I was just hoping maybe an outsider would have any insight. There's certainly no threat of her being abused by anyone for our photos. If that was the case she would have got that 3 years ago when we first fell in love. Not 4 months after we split. Thanks tho

4. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Best to stop checking her accounts, then you wont know didly about what shes doing or not doing. I know its hard, but I found myself that this helps when you are trying to get over someone and move on.

5. Harley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't have her on any accounts. Its mutual friends that are asking whats happened, why we're not friends, why I've deleted pictures and now I'm being told that she has deleted photos of me & I'm being asked why. I'd like to know why myself

6. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sounds like your friends are stirring it really and trying to whip up drama.Its not very kind of them to be coming telling you this is it? The only way you will know is by asking her directly and that wouldnt be a great idea.
    Just forget about it and concentrate on other things.Sometimes we dont get the closure or answers we need, dont be wrecking your head wondering about it all the time.
    Best wishes for this year.

7. Harley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks Poppy