1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Therapist / transition help.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by h4zey, Jan 4, 2017.

1. h4zey

h4zey Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    hey guys n gals so i live in a smaller city were we have basically nothing. i've done research for gender therapists / doctors who prescribe T but have found nothing... i live SD, Rapid City and want to start T or atleast get a therapist to talk about my problems. i don't drive either cuz of anxiety and bad ADHD. anyone have advice for me? :confused:

2. Guff

Could you possibly consult with your Doctor for information on such things within your area?
    Do you have any friends/family who would be willing to drive you to appointments if you did find such a place?

I wanna say more but it sounds like you're in a bit of a tough situation... If anything just know I wish you the absolute best!

3. smurf

Since you can't drive this becomes more complicated.

Your best bet would be to find the closest lgbt chamber of commerce or LGBT Center of a surrounding town. Call them to see if they know of anyone that does this sort of thing around you.

Once you find someone, you will have to try and see if they would be willing to do therapy over skype or something similar. Not all therapist will do it, but many are starting to take on the practice.

4. Grundy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't live in a small town per say, but it is mostly just farmland. There are no doctors who do hormone replacement therapy ectactly. But I found this one old guy who's an endocrinologist for the elderly and he perscribed my first dosages of T. Didn't even read my recommendation letter. Just wrote a script and sent me on my way (which I later learned was not exactly a good thing).

Anyway the point is almost any doctor Can prescribe it, it's just a matter of if they will. A lot of people don't feel comfortable writing scripts for something they don't treat or know much about. You just have to do some fishing. Now though I pay someone to drive me (I don't drive either) up north So I can go to an LGBT clinic there once every 3-6 months.

As for therapy, do you just want a gender therapist specifically? Or anyone who's LGBT friendly and will give you a disphoria diagnosis.