1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some signs that your friend is into you?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by destinyzacon191, Jan 7, 2017.

1. destinyzacon191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Imagine that you have a friend of the same sex, who hasn't come out as gay. How do you know if they're into you in a different way?

This is a thread where you post some signs you would see if a friend of the same sex could possibly have different feelings for you. This thread will help me out, and will no doubt help others out too. What are some things a 'friend' might do, or different ways they could act around and towards you that makes you believe they likes you in a different way? Put your thoughts below :slight_smile:

2. hubcap

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Everyone has their own ways of showing interest. For me, if I like a guy I will try to get to know him better. I will make extra eye contact with him. I probably smile more when he's around. I would stand close to him while we talk. I would offer to help him out if he ever needs help. I would make the effort to start conversations with him on social media, phone, text, and in person. I would "like" his posts on social media. I would give him compliments once in a while. Of course, none of these are guaranteed. Just my two cents. Just think how you act around someone you like and see if they are acting in any similar ways. Hope to see a few more replies here...

3. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If, say, this someone is generally quiet in large groups(like me)they, or at least I, talk a LOT more around someone I like and walk/stand closer to them than in the large group mentioned before. This is just based on how I act around my crush(who I plan to Come Out to tomorrow!(and he is bi so just maybe...))

4. 101DeadRoses

Some common body language is standing closer to the person they like than anyone else, tilting their body more in their direction, keeping their arms uncrossed when they're comfortable and confident around their crush or hugging themselves when they aren't. A sudden development of pigeon toes (toes pointing toward each other slightly) often means that they are both interested in and intimidated by their crush, and, of course, staring when they think their crush isn't looking, then looking away quickly and maybe blushing is a sign that they're into whoever they were looking at. If they seem overly concerned about how they look or act around someone, they're a little intimidated but want to make a good impression.

Here's some good body language links for anyone who's interested:

Body Language - guide to reading body language signals in management, training, courtship, flirting and other communications and relationships

How to Read Men's Body Language for Flirting: 14 Steps

How to Read Women's Body Language for Flirting: 12 Steps

How to Understand Body Language: 7 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

How to Understand the Difference Between Flirting and Social Interaction

3 Ways to Know if a Girl Likes You - wikiHow

How to Know if a Guy Likes You (with Pictures) - wikiHow

4 Ways to Know when Someone Likes You - wikiHow

5. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If they continually touch you, like patting you on the back or if you say your cold, and they give you a hug "for warmth"