1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality Confusion

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Addyson, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Addyson

Sorry for the long post in advanced.

For the past three years I've been questioning my sexuality and for the past year I have identified as bi, but now I'm not so sure. After doing a lot of thinking and examining my life, I'm starting to think I might be gay. But I really need someone else to tell me what they think of my situation.

Since I was little I remember having crushes on boys, but also on girls. As I've gotten older, I've had next to no emotional attraction to the guys I've dated the same is with sexual attraction. I've made out with guys and stuff and it was okay, but I just didn't feel anything. I've also talked to older people about sex and told them that as of right now I don't want to have sex with guys and I don't want to do anything else. They said that that comes in time, but I really can't see myself wanting to.

As for girls I know for a fact I want to do all those things. I've been kissed by girls before and it was the first time I felt excited about kissing someone.Also there's no girls I can test the waters with, so to speak. I just don't know if I'm fully gay. I'm just scared that I'm just not attracted to any guys at my school and one day I might find a guy. I'm not really opposed to the idea of being kissed by guys and stuff I would just rather it be a girl.

I know most people would say to take time to find who I am, but I just don't have time for a few reasons that I'm not going to get into. Or they'll say keep experimenting, but there aren't any gay girls around here. I'm just so scared of being wrong. I just want someone else to know what I'm thinking and what their opinion is on my situation. Thanks.

2. Grace Grace

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, I think my situation is similar to yours. For the past 2 years I've been questioning my sexuality. I remember having crushes on boys since the first grade or whatever. But about two years ago I met a girl and I now have the biggest crush on her. And I have also just been more attracted to girls in general. About a year into this "crush" I though that I might be bi. But over the past year I've begun to realize that I might not be bi, but lesbian. I am still very unsure of myself though.
    I myself also have no time to "experiment" or try things out. But what I do know is that people are always changing. You could think your bi, then weeks later realize you aren't. There are probably a lot of people in the LGBT+ community who know exactly what their sexuality is, but for others, myself included, it just takes longer for them to realize who they are and who they want to be with.
    I also have kissed both guys and girls and I've found I like girls a lot more, but I don't want to just say I'm lesbian because what if one day I find a guy that I like and fall in love with him. And I'm afraid that if I say I'm bi and I do fall in love with a guy then in not bi, but straight. I have no doubt in my mind that I could fall in love with a girl, but I don't want to just say I'm lesbian. I have just decided that I don't want to put a label on my sexuality because I feel like it is restricting no matter what others say. I just want to be "not straight". I think realizing helped me a lot in my confusion. I hope this helped. This might just be a jumbled mess of my thoughts, if so I'm sorry .