1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a relationship when you have ASD…

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AssumedStraight, Jan 12, 2017.

1. AssumedStraight

Well, a lot has changed since I last wrote.

But the events during the time elapsed have strongly suggested a main source of my problems is… autism. High-functioning, but so what?
    Of course it's still not seen the same way in girls as boys, leading to underdiagnosis of cases in females. Something a victim of which I am too.
    And my assessment ain't even over (I live in UK where mental health services and their absurd waiting lists are a joke), but despite reading most folks here on the forum prefer if somebody has an actual diagnosis - I just know I am an aspie. In addition to that I have multiple diagnosed aspie friends who all agree I am one of them. And even the Mum of the two I'm closest with did inquire about me being ‘touched’, too. Surely can't all be wrong!!

Blah, but anyway, to the meritum.
    I'm turning 20 in few days and cogratulations - I've never been in a relationship!
    Friendships I could count on my fingers, but that's ok. Yet having a second half - lack of one is making me suffer for over 3 years now. A lot of people would take a look at me and ask “really, you never had a boyfriend??” (remember civilians *still* assume I'm some straight girl…). And what am I meant to say? I certainly did not have a girlfriend either, in case you wondered.

One thing is that I'm not interested in my peers. Sorry. Another - hot, feminine women only, I know I'm picky but nothing I can do about my nature. Ain't nobody forcing themselves onto someone they feel nothing for. But then again, as someone who travels a lot around the city, or roams around on buses rather, I do bump into beatiful women from time to time. And so what, if I lack the means to even speak to one! Most I'm capable of is staring, and provided they notice, they probably think I'm just weird. Oh, although I am. I am.

Anyway, does anybody see any hope for me?
    Some of my other aspie mates, guys, are 22, 23 and 31, and neither had any luck either. By this I mean never had girlfriends (they happen to be straight). And even if one of us by some miracle got into something, what sane person would hold out with a sensitive, impulsive and stubborn individuals we aspies are? Is forever alone just what our fate is??

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. I have actual aspergers and I haven't really been with anyone either except for a few online relationships/LDR.

Maybe try other ASD people. I had a crush on someone with ASD but her sexuality didn't bend that way so it didn't work out.