1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diabetes has turned my life upside down

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by britishbakura, Jan 15, 2017.

1. britishbakura

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was diagnosed a year ago with type 1 diabetes and its absolutley killing me im not a rountine persons o trying to do this 5 times a day is horrific i just dont know what to do theres no way out of this and i feel like im just slowly killing myself.

ive anyone has been through this or has any advice please answer

2. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I have been through that because I am also a diabetic. After going through a series of hospital scares initially, I eventually was diagnosed as a Type II Diabetic. Adjusting to embracing this as a part of my life had took me into depression for awhile at first. Due to the fact that I was living a very fast paced life prior to being diagnosed and then all of a sudden...things had come to a halt so to speak. However, after meeting with a therapist and a nutritionist, I began to see things from a whole different perspective. I am now eating sensibly, exercising and not letting diabetes control me...I am controlling it. My social life is better than I could ever imagine it would be especially after being deserted by the friends I had in my life at the time because prior to finding out that I was diabetic, I fainted and had to be rushed to the hospital in which this is when I found out about my diagnosis. These friends had all came together and announced to me that they wanted to end our friendship because they were afraid that I was going to die eventually and they did not want to burden with that fear. Needless to say...all of them have died within recent years and I am still alive and healthy.

In other words...you will get through this and you will began to see things in another perspective as I do. Diabetes can be controlled and you do not have to have your life turned upside down because of it. Speaking to people who have been diabetic for some time and talking with them about how they have dealt with it can be an inspiration as well as motivation for you to be able to move forward despite of having it. Trust me..it will get better...just hang in there!!!!:smilewave JS

4. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thats really horrible selfish behaviour from people who were not really proper friends to begin with Jon. It reminds me of a friends sister who was once throwing a party at her big posh house. A guest at this party had a fit of some sort and was convulsing on the ground, and all my friends sister could do was start carrying on saying get her out of my house/garden etc, I dont want her dying in my house!. I couldnt believe that anyone could be so selfish and heartless.
    Anyway your better off without people like that in your life.

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

You are so right...and actually...those so called friends did me a HUGE favor by abandoning me because I have been blessed with such a great group of wonderful friends since then that has exceeded far beyond my expectations. :thumbsup::smilewave