Feeling lonely

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Leogarden, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Leogarden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 18 turning 19 in August. I've been single since I was born..literally. I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out and I'm not getting any experience in relationships. Also my community college doesn't have a GSA or anything so I'm just stumped. I recently got ****** and ****** but I have no luck so maybe I'm not as physically attractive as I think I am. I don't know this is all just impacting my self esteem and on top of school and home stuff I feel myself suffocating. It would be nice to be in a relationship and go outside and have fun. Idk what I should do . Help ? Some advice?

Side note: I've gotten anon messages from someone on Curiouscar saying they like me I'm unsure if this is one person or multiple or even a friend messing with me LOL.

2. Questions93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey man,

I hear you, it definitely feels shitty when you know that you're missing out on the dating scene and other stuff.

I'm probably not the best person to be giving advice, but is there any other lgbt groups or places you could go to meet people. You never know where you might find someone!

Don't give up!

All the best :thumbsup:

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Don't worry, I'm someone regularly suffocating under school, work, relationships, myself, etc.

Firstly, you don't need a relationship to go outside and have fun - friends suffice in this area for me at the moment :slight_smile: If they're the really good kind, they'll help you meet new people and help raise your self esteem because real friends are mercilessly nice in this regard.

In essence, what I'm trying to say is that going out(side) with friends leads to meeting new people, new people lead to new relationships/friendships, new relationships lead to more relationship experience. Go outside, meet people, don't be afraid to be patient because playing the long game (and enjoying it) and casting a wider net is more reliable than waiting for a single opportunity.

tl;dr: If you make your life better in general, you will feel better and will therefore be able to pursue relationships confidently.

Message me on my wall if there's something you want to chat about :slight_smile: