1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to talk about with my Boyfriend?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lalayajen, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Lalayajen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi EC!
    Me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 6 months now, He is still in college so we can go out about once a month but we usually talk online.
    The thing is that I have ran out of stuff to talk about. lol.
    awe have already talked about music, art, family and his courses! I almost know everything abouy him so I do not know what to talk about. Our last three times talking online was just about how awesome our sex have been. ( We had it once), although I love this topic but I feel like we need to talk about ither stuff too.
    Any suggestions? What do you people do when you have dated someone for a few months?

2. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How often are you talking?
    If you are talking every day or throughout the day, it leaves little to talk about after awhile. You have to have time in between for events to happen in your lives to be able to share. That's why you hear couples talking about 'being in a rut'. Separation in a good thing. It allows life to happen and you come back with a life to tell.

So how active are you in socializing outside of him? How often do you see friends etc.? That would be how you plan timing of your conversations and keep it fresh.

3. Lalayajen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the reply.
    We talk almost all the day.
    I guess I have kinda deserted my other friends but I should change that. xD

I just thought if he wouldn't like me if I didn't keep the contact all day.

4. Amal

I understand your fear of losing each other if you don't talk all day. But look at it this way too: couples who see each other daily, don't talk all day long either... My boyfriend and I both have our lives. And we don't see each other every day. So when we do see each other again, we have a lot of catching up to do, tell each other about what we did and so on, and that is fun too :slight_smile:

So maybe try if you both could agree to a day without contact? And see if it works and if it helps on the topic-to-talk-about thing?

Good luck!