1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid question: energy boost

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Krishebble, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Krishebble

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello my friends! I have recently started coming out of the closet, finally admitting that I am Genderfluid. I am AMAB but I have mainly stayed agender to demigirl for most of my life. Once I came out however, I quickly shifted to female, and stayed there for a few days. Last night, at 1 am, I zoomed straight to male. I felt like I drank 10 cups of coffee and was also given a shot of adrenaline. I wanted to run around the house because I had so much energy I couldn't sit still.

I heard that when people slide into male they often feel like they have more energy. Is it normal to have that much energy? Or, because I haven't been male in years, was this me not used to the feeling yet? Thank you!

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been told I am a very "straight acting" bisexual male but I have personally always been the most attracted to genderfluid people of either sex. I greatly admire the journey and courage that transgender/transsexuals have taken but in my mind my attraction takes gender to a higher level than the physical. I think that's why I find gender-fluidity so appealing.

My best friend, who I have known most of my life, is a woman who I witnessed as a strong male-dominant lesbian in her younger years. She converted to a more traditional female orientation during a period when she wanted to settle down and have children. It was during this time that we became a couple. It was an amazing time that changed my life completely. Soon after we got together she developed ovarian cysts that prevented her from having children. It was a difficult time in our relationship. She reverted back to her male-dominate self and is currently in a relationship with a fantastic woman whom I also greatly admire. But I was emotionally forced to take a break and have only recently reconnected with her.

But to answer your question about energy, and keep in mind I am speaking as an observer here, I think you definitely have a point. But there is more than one type of energy. The male driven energy you speak of is what I would call the hot kind. Aspirational is a term that comes to mind. It is a seeking kind of energy. But the female energy, while no less intense, is much cooler. It's a thoughtful kind of energy that has a lot of growth potential to it and is of the kind that wants to drive itself toward relationship building. I greatly value both of these and I'm amazed that genderfluid people have the opportunity to experience both in one lifetime.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but it is what came to my mind when I read your post. Which I loved by the way.