1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chi Alpha fellowship/college

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ECMember, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Has anyone been in Chi Alpha or heard of it? It's a Christian fellowship in College with ties to the Assemblies of God. It's been since September of last yr I've been in it. So far it's been an okay reception I've had. I've noticed that guys hang out with guys, girls hang out with girls. Same sex small groups/bible group.So there is some segregation by sex in Thursday worship service.
    The bible appears to be held as truth in value by the campus pastor that speaks. I feel the vibe from Chi Alpha is conservative to libertarian from being around people. Maybe some liberal people because I saw a girl with a Planned Parenthood patch on her backpack.

The main problem I have is being in the closet to people in this outlet. As a bi curious leaning male, I feel hesistant to even mention traces of LGBT. I feel to negotiate my masculinity in this sphere. Though I've seen some homoerotic moments by straight guys in chi alpha. For instance, my small group leader and his friends played "strip smash", removing a piece of clothing when playing Smash Bros. I didn't play "strip smash" but watched. Everyone stripped their underwear, one guy stripped in the bathroom to go fully naked. They said it "looked gay" what they did.

Another instance, my small group recalled he saw his friend/roommate almost naked. I've seen both guys take their shirts off wrestling a few times.

I encountered one guy I had a brief hook up with last yr in Chi Alpha. We don't talk but we know the same people. It's a little awkward.

I don't know if Chi Alpha is good for me or not but I like the fellowship. I feel like I'm negotiating my masculinity in chi alpha. I wish I could be who I am but I'm hesistant to approach it. I believe that I should remain in the closet with them if I want to be there. I'm sure they are other people in the closet like me in Chi Alpha that pass as straight, maybe people I've seen. Who knows. Just want advice on this if possible.