1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it mean I'm gay if the only boys I've liked have been celebrities?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Chewbaca, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The title says it all.
    I thought I liked this guy in real life but have come to realize I only see him as a friend. Sexually I don't know if I could see myself having sex with a guy. But I dreamed of having a foursome with all girls (even though I couldn't see myself having one in real life) and I got super horny. I even went down on one of the girls and the dream felt so real. I woke up wishing I hadn't woke up. Does this mean I'm gay?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a good idea to remember that you'll probably never find any one "thing" that will definitely let you figure out your sexuality one way or the other. What you'll have is just a bunch of data. Hints. Suggestions. And looking at them all will usually give you at least a vague pattern of what it all adds up to. Some things will seem to confirm your hypothesis, and others might seem to contradict it. But that's just because you're a complex human being, like all of us are. :slight_smile:

Celebrity crushes are extremely common, especially among the younger set. Reason? They're safe. You get a rough outline of the person (what you see on TV, or on social media), and you can fill in all the blanks with anything you'd like. These celebrities will never turn you down, or treat you poorly, or even be something that you'd rather they not be. So you can moon after that singer all you'd like, without having to deal with "damnit, s/he's on tour for another six months and I won't see him/her until the tour is over".

If you're having fantasies and dreams about women, and are actively enjoying them, I'd say that's a pretty big clue that you're at least not 100% straight. And if women are doing it for you right now, I'd say just run with that. Fantasize all you'd like about them. You may eventually find some guys you feel that way about, or perhaps you won't. So for right now, feel free to consider yourself "not straight, possibly gay".

Lex