1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practicing to have better handwriting

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Wolfwing, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Wolfwing

I want to have better handwriting and the main reason is I plan on out coming out to my parents through a note and I want it to look as nice as possible. Also I dont have a printer and am not comfortable printing something this personal in a public place. The main issue with my handwriting is I can't seem to get down spacing. I always write my words really close together and when I try to fix it, I feel like I write my words too far apart and I can't seem to keep a consistent spacing. Any advice on how to fix this or at least make it look better?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really want to write a "good-looking" coming out note, I'd say your best bet is to write a rough draft first. Make all the alterations you want to first. You can do this one on the computer if you want. Then, transfer it into a final copy. Write two words, then stop, pull the pen away, and give it a look-over. If it looks OK, write two more words, and repeat the process. Pausing over and over will keep you from rushing and running the words together.

That said, the content of the letter will be far more important than the handwriting. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The spacing issue could be simply resolved by writing above a ruler. Decide how big a space you wish to keep between the words and then use the ruler as a guide. In actual fact, the spacing doesn't need to be perfect when you are hand writing, as long as there are no significant differences and many people leave a bigger space after a full stop anyway. The most important thing is to take your time and try to avoid mashing too many letters together. Joining letters appears more 'stylish' but there is a limit to how much you can/should join.