1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decide for me where I will travel

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Uncolored, Feb 7, 2017.

?

What trip should I take?

1. Sri Lanka on a dream tour (most expensive)

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Sri Lanka with a stranger (more affordable, less options, risky)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Disneyworld by myself or with friend (cheap)

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am getting stressed out about where I should travel in May/June. I limited down the list from my last post and am ready to book a trip.
    Option 1: Go to Sri Lanka on a tour by myself but be pinched with money on a trip to Uganda/Tanzania/Kenya next summer. This is one of my dream trips and includes big bucket list items like a safari, tropical beaches, rainforest, tea plantations, mountain train ride, elephant rides, and other historical and cultural things. I went to India last year, loved it with every ounce of my being. Trip totals $3,000, most things included and flight. Every ounce of me wants to take this trip but it may complicate things and my money for next summer. Trip lasts 15 days.
    Option 2: Accept an almost free to to Sri Lanka with a man I have never met. He was given a trip for two and could pay for accommodations for the first week, we would split the cost of accommodations second week. I would have to plan the whole trip and we would rent a car. I prefer a tour because if usually provides more but this option is slightly more affordable. Trip totals $2000 approx. with flight. Trip would be 14 days. I find going with someone I have never met and not being on a tour intimidating and risky.
    Option 3: Go to Disneyworld by myself or with a friend for a week. This is the cheapest option and will total $1,000-$2,000 by the end of the trip. I have not been to Disneyworld in 7 years and would love to go back. I just don't want to sell myself short if I could go out of the country.
    Help! Decide for me! I can't choose!

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Disneyworld.

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd recommend not going with option 2. Safety first.

4. Xochipilli

I would go with option 1. Option 2 sounds scary. Like ending up chopped into a million pieces and stuffed in a carry-on scary. I have also never found Disney parks appealing, especially after reading about the mouse ears symbolizing antennae and brainwashing. :lol:

I'm in a kind of similar situation where I have the opportunity to take one expensive almost dream trip vs a less expensive trip, but money left over for something else I've been planning. I figured if I really want the something else I could get a temporary part time somewhere for a few months since my job doesn't offer overtime.

5. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks!
    What are your options? I can give you my own two cents. I've traveled out of the country a lot.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do NOT select option 2. Please. If you've ever gone on a trip with a friend that you don't travel well with, it can be a disaster. I went on one that ended a friendship. I was uneasy about these situations to begin with. With friends that I have routinely gotten along with, trips have made the friendship stronger. You don't know this person. Stay away from this choice. Even if nothing goes wrong in the way of safety but you wind up not getting along, it will be like throwing money down the drain.

I picked 3. I've never been there.

7. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I just pulled out of the offer to go with the stranger and suggested someone to go in my place with him who contacted me.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good.

9. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Option 1, no doubt. This doesn't even seem like it's a question to me. It's the one you want to take most, so take it. Don't care about the money for your next trip. If worse comes to worst, postpone that one or go somewhere else. Those are worries for later. Seriously, you have a chance of going on your dream trip. How could you not grab it?

Just my two cents, though.

#9 justinf, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  10. Xochipilli

I'm not as adventurous as you are. And I'm pretty set on going to Hawaii, but I had also considered Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Aruba. They all seem like short-ish plane rides (except for Hawaii) and speak mainly English and/or Spanish (except for Aruba?). I'm not one to stray too far off the beaten path. :lol:

11. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would probably pick Hawaii. Have you also considered Bermuda? Bermuda has a lot to offer and is more of a 5-star island. You can either take a cruise there (I recommend Celebrity) or stay in a hotel in Hamilton. Bermuda has fabulously diverse beaches like Horseshoe Bay with cliffs. It is also a good place to shop for jewelry if that is your thing.

They speak several languages in Aruba: English, Spanish, French (by some), Dutch, and Papiamento (the native language). All or most of the islanders speak 3-4 languages listed above fluently. I had a best friend who lived there but I never went. Good place to scuba dive. You can't really go wrong in the Caribbean. I would pick Aruba as option #2. Keep in mind that both the Dominican Republic and Aruba are going to be packed with tourists and they are not particularly rich countries. They may feel cheap but you probably wont regret it.

12. Xochipilli

I actually didn't really know about Bermuda. I've heard of the Bermuda Triangle! :dead:
    Horseshoe Bay looks beautiful. *_* I'll definitely have to look into it more in the future.
    I think you're right though. It'll most likely be Hawaii. Maui seems like it's all beaches and nature trails. :love:

But back to you! I feel like you let me hijack the thread.
    If you do end up choosing Option 1 then there is a lot of planning to do. :thumbsup: