1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 is turning out to be a sham...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RavenWing, Feb 7, 2017.

1. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings, fellow internet dwellers! This is going to be a really random rant/vent, but I just need someone to talk to other than the people that I know in real life. Be warned, angsty teen vent paragraph.

So, January started off seemingly normal. Then, on the 31st I learn that everything my mother has ever told me regarding my father and her has been a complete lie. Then I work up the nerve to tell my stepmom about something that has been bothering me, which escalates into a life talk (which I did appreciate). That night I wake up with extreme pains in my stomach. I get up at 1 am to get some Tylenol and manage to sleep the rest of the night with hourly interruptions. When I wake up, I'm too sick to attend school and I, of course, have a stomach virus! This virus lasted for about 4 days and I am still experiencing lasting symptoms. When I went into school on Monday, it turned out that I had lice and needed to miss MORE school, go figure. Today I went back after getting my head treated and there were still live lice on my head, so another day missed. My appetite is completely gone and I've barely eaten for a week. My stomach is in shambles. I'm nearly positive that I have a UTI to top it all off with, but at least I have some medication for it. I'm trying to stay positive but it's just so darn hard with everything the world is throwing at me. My will to do anything is slowly draining from me.

This sounds extremely whiney, but I just need to get it all out somewhere.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey RavenWing,

The things that don't kill us make us stronger. That's not just something I say, but something that I actually mean.

The fact that you can state your issues/problems is a step on the way forward in your life. Everything you said is a problem. Nothing you said is insurmountable. It is SO easy to let life get us down. But what is the solution? The 'easy' solution is to give up and die. What does that prove to anyone? That we were too traumatized, too unwilling or too weak to survive?

To live is to survive. To BE is to CHANGE.

What you wrote is definitely NOT 'whiney.' It's human. All of us have to vent from time to time.

My 2cents.:slight_smile: