1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confident

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LuciferMorningstar, Feb 8, 2017.

1. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm usually so confident about everything, school, work etc. But when it comes to "these" kinda things I'm so unbelivably shy. I am an introvert, like to keep to myself but I can also socialize, but think it's "wasted" time.
    Is there a way to overcome the shyness and fear when it comes to the whole "sexuality"/"gay" stuff?

2. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Having other LGBT friends around might help you familiarize with the concepts and learning from others' experience. Also, accepting yourself and becoming comfortable with the "gay stuff" comes in time. Nobody has ever been fully ok with their situation seconds after the realization. We are prone as human beings to overthinking and recurring thoughts. How long the process takes largely depends on your hardwiring and past. If you have an extended history of dealing with homophobia don't be surprised if it takes considerably longer.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The biggest issue with your lack of confidence is, most likely, the fact that you're not out. As long as you're still closeted, there will be some concern and worry about how people will react, and that will cause your confidence to take a bit of a hit.

Mind you, I'm not suggesting leaping out of the closet, and expecting everything to suddenly be awesome. :slight_smile: Everyone's situation is different. But just keep in mind that once you ARE on the other side of the closet door, your confidence in your sexuality will probably grow.

Lex

4. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The thing is, because I never had a relationship yet I'm afraid of the question: "How do you know" / "Why do you think that?"

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody ever asks that question of straight people. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Guff

I was asked this by my homophobic Dad. I asked him if he knew he liked girls before his 1st girlfriend. He said yes and seemed to have understood. They really can't make you prove you're gay. If you're gay and you know it than just ignore people who they know you better than you do.

---------- Post added 8th Feb 2017 at 12:45 PM ----------

'Think