1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost all will to socialize

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by rch1, Feb 8, 2017.

1. rch1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know what's wrong with me. It's like I'm broken or some shit I don't know. I can't talk to anyone anymore. I can't even look at people walking down the hallway or whatever. And I get really self-conscious if I feel them looking at me. Other than the few people I'm comfortable with, I'm terrified of human beings for some reason. I just want to hide away in my room all day and avoid people at all costs, and that's pretty much what I've been doing.

I don't know why I'm so scared. I guess I've had shitty connections with people in the past and I'm scared to put myself out there again. I have this fear that anyone new I meet won't really care about me, and even if they seem nice will just shit on me behind my back. And I'm scared to tell people about myself too. My confidence is at an all time low I guess it what is boils down to. How do I feel comfortable in my own skin? How can I convince myself that people are gonna like me and want to hang out with me?.... I don't know man I'm struggling right now

2. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that feeling dude. Been down the same path. What got me to lean off of it was that I was working out, but alone, so I joined a public gym.. At first i would just be alone but eventually other people started to talk to me at the treadmill next to mine or ask me to spot for them or something. I made a couple of gym buddies that way. The point is: try to join a public activity if you can; something that you could either do alone or join in with people, like a yoga class, the gym, or something. Not only has exercise proven to stimulate the brain so that you are happier, but it's a good way to keep you moving and busy so you don't think depressing things - and the gym buddies may help you feel more comfortable around people, if you can find the courage to blend into a small group. Don't even over think things when people try to talk btw. Just go with the flow, since you do want to talk to people easily don't you? Hope this helps a bit.

3. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Way back in ancient times I was shy, I was self aware and hard to socialize. Now I am the opposite. I can sometimes still feel shy at moments, mostly when I am tired. But what helped me is not blaming myself for the awkward silences. Let it be silent, and try to learn to get out of that self awareness.

If u sit and eat with others in a cafeteria for lunch, just focus on your food. If someone asks something u can answer but just take it easy. Read a magazine, do your own thing.

Dont think it will help but....also growing older really helps.

And what PrinceVegeta says is true, work out just for yourself and go from there. It is healthy and makes you feel stronger on a lot of aspects.