1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ecomichaux, Feb 9, 2017.

1. ecomichaux

Hi All,
    I am in desperate need for advice. I live in a very rural and conservative area in America and most of the time I feel like I am the only lesbian ever to have walked the earth. I know I can't be the only lesbian in my area but how do I find people like me. Not even in a romantic way, I just don't want to feel like I am all alone in my sexuality anymore. Any advice from other gay people in rural areas? Do I just give up the nature I love an move?
    SO looking forward to your replies,
    ecomichaux

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm assuming that you have searched online for LGBT resources in your area. You may be in an area that's just too small (and conservative) for people to join together and form meeting groups.

Suggestions:

Create a classified ad for your local paper and start up a meeting group.
    Dating apps may have people in your area looking for partners for dating possibilities.
    How far is the nearest larger city? Take trips there and look for LGBT centers.
    Can you move to a larger city? There is a reason why so many LGBT people have moved to the large cities as the rural areas are really tough on LGBT.

I hope these help. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well i'm still figuring out and accepting my sexuality, but i live in a very rural area too. TBH its so awkward at work sometimes cause everyone automatically asks about a boyfriend or a husband. But its at least a little better because i'm pretty sure one of the supervisors is gay. Idk how that makes it better it just does. I don't know how watching couples on youtube helps either but it does soooo yeah. Feels less lonely, i guess? Anyways...to answer your question idk. Sorry i can't be helpful. Is there an app or site you could use to meet people? What about friends and/or coworkers?