1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expressing my fear to my parents.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nightowl88, Feb 11, 2017.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't get it through to my family that I am terrified to ride in the car with my brother driving. He has been driving for about 2 years but that doesn't really matter to me. Today I was forced to ride with him driving and it was dark and the roads weren't the best and he has only been driving on more than back rides for about 3 days. My dad didn't feel like driving so my brother drove and after a big argument I had to ride with him. I would have refused to go but I would have then been stranded at school. For the whole half hour ride home I felt horrribke I was shaky and couldn't breathe and felt like crying. As soon as we left the school I ended up fighting with my shirt and tie because I couldn't breathe with them on. When I got home my dad said I was over reacting by saying I was panicky and I felt so uncomfortable. I have gotten in so many arguments recently about driving and my parents are so bad about it all. I just want to know how to get through to them.