1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in a college ministry need advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ECMember, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm in a college ministry called Chi Alpha since last semester and I'm really getting a little conflicted about some stuff in it.

I'm trying to figure out my sexuality a little more as I've been upfront about things about on EC for about a year and a quarter already.

I only joined Chi Alpha as a means of reestablishing a spiritual connection and to find a new group of peers to hang out with, as I was trying to distance myself from people I partied with already in college as I talked about here.

So last September I went to the first service. I slowly connected with people in a small group and other small groups. And I was sober for while not counting two slips I had. I would fellowship and go to service in Chi Alpha everything going great.

Though I did run into one guy I had a brief "hook up" with in Chi Alpha. We don't talk and to me it's a little weird to see a guy I hooked up within Chi Alpha. I don't know, if he's out to people or whatever that hook up was just him being curious, I don't know. It's only weird that I see this guy talking to people I know within 3-5 feet of me at times, and we don't talk.

Chi Alpha mentioned "sexuality immorality" from this week's service. The campus pastor read scripture from 1 Thessalonians about sexual immorality and I felt it impacted me of stuff I've done. Because the pastor referred the sexuality immorality is unholy. The topic was about holiness and how to be holy.

I do like Chi Alpha in terms of fellowshipping with hanging out with my small group and playing video games, and reading the Bible in a spiritual side, but I'm trying to figure myself as a person.

I feel so fucking conflicted of being evangelical and figuring myself as a person at 25 freeking years old.

I don't want to quit Chi Alpha because I would loose all the connections I have made. I can't come out and say I'm figuring my sexuality out, because I feel as though I would be shunned by people.

Appreciate any advice from this.

2. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Create new connections and new friendships through other activities. If church is absolutely important to you, find a gay-friendly church. Any time you spend at a gay-unfriendly church is time you'll be hurting yourself.