1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kawaiipotato1, Feb 15, 2017.

1. kawaiipotato1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my then boyfriend as genderfluid, he made me feel secure and I told him about all of my worries about feeling like I'm a boy.
    Cut to the chase, we split up. And now he's outed me to quite a few people. One of the most prominent times he has done that is when he said 'boy stuck in a girls body' and 2 people on my table heard. It's not that I'm ashamed of who I am. It's just that I'm uncertain about my gender at the moment. And I'm just worried that It'll go round the school and then people will make fun of me. I didn't want so many people to know, I'm still working on getting my parents to accept me and I don't want the stress of everyone knowing at school.

Should I speak to a teacher? I really need some help, I'm getting worried.

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey I'm really sorry he broke your trust and you're hurting. You are brave and I commend you for that (*hug*) That was not right of him, but you shouldn't feel bad for being vulnerable and sharing that with him. That's really the only way to have wholehearted lives/relationships (got that from Brene Brown).

What would you tell a teacher and what would you hope to get from the convo? I don't think they can do much about stopping the gossip, but if they are LGBT friendly at least it would be a source of local support for you which is always good to have. It's taken me a long time to realize, and i'm still working on it, but we can't control what others think of us and in reality they are more consumed with their own lives to pay much attention to others, for long at least. They may talk about us for a while, but they'll soon move onto the next person/topic/whatever. Remember that you are awesome just as you are!!