1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I at all trust my nighttime thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RemakeJake, Feb 15, 2017.

1. RemakeJake

During the day, I’m rarely HAPPY happy but I’m okay enough to get by. But, when nighttime comes, especially later at night when I’m tired, I start getting a bit emotional and wonder if I’m making good decisions. These can range from wondering if I’m on the right path at school, to if I’m hanging out with the right people, to if I’m harming myself by going out clubbing every weekend and sometimes having a little tooooo much fun. These thoughts are really distracting and bothersome, but once I sleep and morning comes, I feel better. The unhappiness doesn’t always go away completely, but there are some mornings when I’ve thought, “Why was I so negative and upset last night?”

I don’t know if any of you can relate to this, or if this makes any sense at all, but should I trust my opinions and feelings during the middle of the night?

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At night, there are very little distractions. It's quiet. It's dark. You have a chance to reflect uninterrupted. For some people, this is a good time to contemplate and evaluate.

I actually have a rule for myself. I rarely make any material decisions during the day. Whatever the issues are, I give myself the time at night to think through things with calm and peace. I can debate with myself whatever thoughts I have and the decisions I need to make. Then, by the time I wake up the next morning, the answers come to me.

Listen to yourself at night. Your probably giving yourself good advice.

3. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm not sure if I've experienced the same thing. After a few hours after waking up, I'll start to feel better. But I've had times in which I feel like crap in the morning but I'll start to feel better in the afternoon and at night. It's a crappy cycle to go through. Maybe that is similar to what you're going through? Maybe that will help. I'm not sure how to help you with this.

#3 Ljjgreat2017, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017