1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which movie should I watch for class?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FuelsMySong, Feb 18, 2017.

1. FuelsMySong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so I am taking a psyc class about relationships and we are doing a project in which we watch a movie and then we write about it using different relationship theories like attachment theory and interdependence theory. We had 4 options and, naturally, the option that stuck out for me was Carol because it's about a queer relationship. However, we also have the option of choosing our own movie and I watched this movie once called reaching for the moon, it's also about a queer relationship. I don't really have access to Carol because it's not on netflix, I know i can stream it illegally but I'm not sure I want to do that. Meanwhile, Reaching for the Moon is on netflix and I have also watched it before. I watched carol before but i could not finish it. I know it's really popular and the actresses were nominated for oscars but it was hard to watch. i finished reaching for the moon though and I know that movie pretty well. However, Reaching for the moon has 2 main relationships and we're only supposed to write about one. So should I watch Carol or Reaching for the Moon?

#1 FuelsMySong, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe watch Reaching for the Moon and just write about whichever of the two relationships stands out more.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're allowed to watch other movies and you want to watch Reaching for the Moon, then watch Reaching for the Moon. If you're worried about it, just run it by your teacher first. :slight_smile: