1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Childhood/Adolecence?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LettuceDog, Feb 21, 2017.

1. LettuceDog

I'm a young Trans girl, pre everything, and I am still in High School. One of the things that gets me down the most is seeing all my friends (who are 90% female) just being themselves and enjoying their lives while I just have to sit and watch, wishing I were them to death. It makes me sad that because of unsupportive parents, I missed my childhood and now I am loosing my teenage years. When I do transition after High School, I won't be able to do stupid teen girl stuff with my friends anymore. I feel like I'm missing out on an amazing experience, and it hurts to see all my friends enjoying it while all I can do is cry in silence at night. Will I ever get over having lost my childhood and adolecence after I transition? What can do right now to not feel so jealous of my friends and enjoy High School more as a closeted trans girl who can't even grow her hair because her parents are religious fanatics?

I really hate my life sometimes.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. I know this is a month old thread, but I'm moving it to the Gender Identity sub-forum for more visibility, should you return. :slight_smile: I think it's been a bit buried here.

3. Aviator

I get you so much. I'm FtM, and while most of my friends are female (I'm like the Gay Best Friend from a sitcom but instead of being gay I'm trans), I'm jealous of my male friends and my older brothers. I just want to fuck around and watch mindless action or comedy flicks with my brothers or my guy friends, or just wrestle with my brothers without having my mom whine about how they're hurting me when that's the point. My mom makes me shave my legs and won't allow me to cut my hair or anything like that. Also, that god awful makeup. I can't offer any advice, but I will say you're not alone. If you ever just need to talk about anything, I'm here

#3 Aviator, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2017