1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

University. And life.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by HojaVioleta, Feb 23, 2017.

1. HojaVioleta

I'm currently not making it to university. It should be easy to just turn up to lectures, but it isn't. I'm homeless, and dealing with an awful lot of other stuff which I can't go into, and which won't go away. The university is starting to get upset. Any (mild) interest I had in my degree has been sucked out by the education system, and I have no real prospect of working in the field. I've thus far proved to be too autistic and bipolar to manage to work any job other than sex work enough to live off. All I really want to do is leave here with my partner, but we've agreed we need more time before we make that decision. A pretty toxic and frankly dangerous situation has been developing for us over the last few months, and doesn't seem to be getting any better (this relates to a problem in the wider community where we live, not between us). Don't really know what to do, but really want to drop out of university. It doesn't help that I'm surrounded by drop outs and people close to dropping out like me, and most of them are advising me to do it.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks for reading, sorry if I'm being weird, in a bit of a state right now.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it possible for you two to hit the highway anyway? Without any thoughts beyond "things aren't good here for us - we probably should get someplace better"?

Lex

3. HojaVioleta

We have both agreed that we need to be together longer, and spend a lot of time on the decision, which isn't something either of us are good at. We've spent most of the last two months trying not to leave, that is, really really wanting to but not doing it because we know we shouldn't. Particularly tonight, I think we've just been wanting to run. Things are bad, but we do have people we don't want to leave. But more and more it's seeming like a good idea. We could potentially go within a few months. But my parents currently owe me most of my student loan, and they need a passport, so than needs to be sorted out.