1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to Sri Lanka or going to Disneyworld with her?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Uncolored, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a very difficult decision to make and it is one that I have been rolling over for months now and have posted about before.
    I need to decide by tomorrow night really.
    I have the opportunity to go on an expensive trip to Sri Lanka for two weeks in June and do some different bucket list items. Seeing elephants and cheetahs in the wild, feeding baby elephants, going on tropical beaches, white water rafting, train rides through tea plantations, Buddhist monuments and historic places. I had decided that I wanted to go to Sri Lanka maybe 2 months ago when someone suggested it to me. I knew that I was going to make a big trip this year and in fact I am planning on spending a lot of money on a trip to Africa next summer.
    BUT.... I just started dating this amazing girl who likes traveling just as much as I do. She just came back from trips to NZ and Disneyworld. She wants to go back to Disneyworld and could go with me to Disney this March.
    The challenge is that I would do Sri Lanka by myself on a tour or I could go to Disneyworld with someone amazing and it would not cost as much as Sri Lanka.

WHAT TO CHOOSE?

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd go with the person over the place. Of course, it would be best if you could go with her to Sri Lanka or NZ. Well, it's good to have some longer-term goals! But if she's the right kind of person, the amazing moments you will have, even in a kitschy place like Disneyworld, will be priceless.

3. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd go to Sri Lanka. That sounds like an awesome trip.

4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would pick Sri Lanka assuming that the girl is from your country and live nearby. If she loves to travel as much as you then she'll understand that Sri Lanka is a unique opportunity while Disney is a more "accessible" kind of holiday that you could pretty much do whenever and will encourage you to go. Why can't she come with you?

If she lives on the other side of the world and this would be your only chance to see her this year then maybe disney is the way to go. Depends on the circumstances really but none of those options are awful so I am sure you'll have a blast either way :wink:

Good luck and tell us what you've picked! x