1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does not shaving my legs make me masculine?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Chewbaca, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    These girls at school who call themselves my friend were teasing me and calling me a boy and asking what my boy name would be because my legs weren't shaved and I had on basketball slides.

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, it doesn't. Its as simple as whatever the reason you don't/didn't shave is. Like you've already experienced, not shaving will get you teased. I remember being teased in front of the whole class back in middle school because a boy noticed i hadn't shaved my underarms. I was new to it back then so it wasn't a daily habit at that point. I forgot a lot. My mom bought me a safety razor to shave with but i was very forgetful about shaving back in middle school. I still remember how humiliated i was.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I admire women who don't shave their legs. Now of course silky blondes can get away with more than brunettes. I had a BFF basketball player who didn't shave her legs. (At Santa Cruz, that was unremarkable.) Best case scenario: your friends really do still like you and are just teasing, and if you tease them back it will all even out. If it becomes harsh... well let's hope not.