1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartbroken over and over again (my heart cant take it anymore)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Mar 2, 2017.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So...i met this girl 2.5 years ago and i automatically fell head over heals for her. She was pretty, very girly (i love that) and very outgoing. I never knew her sexual orientation but as i always do, my naive optimistic heart fell deep until 7 months in she mentioned she had "a new boyfriend". That absolutelly broke my heart, i cant even describe it...even though that meant she was completely out of reach i still loved to see her, chat with her...etc. And i dont know why its like i feel that if she doesnt mention her bf that means she is not with him so my hope go back up again cuz she is quite flirtatious with me and pays me compliments. Today she mentioned her bf again and her getting married and it broke me (once again)

What is worse is that i am in a much better position than when i met her, im going to therapy, ive come out to a couple of people, engaged in some lgbt stuff but i cant seem to get over the fact that i always fall for straight girls and i feel i will never feel atracted to someone that is gay...any help please im really desperate and my tharapist says i set myself for failure but not really as i fall for girls without knowing their sexuality...

2. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in the same boat as you. always falling for straight guys. And I'm afraid I don't have a solution.

It frustrates me because I get straight girls telling me all the time how nice and good looking I am and gay guys who I'm not attracted to giving me compliments and flirting with me and even straight men tell me I should have a boyfriend by now, but all the men I have admired and imagined myself being happy with were all straight. I get people asking me "have you met anyone special?" and I just fob them off with another "no", when in fact I'm thinking "yes, I have met someone who has become special to me, but I don't have any chance of being with him because he likes women".

And I am also getting to the point where I don't think my heart can take another bout of "oh for fuck sake why does he have to be straight?? :bang:"