1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on this please?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ruinbow, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Ruinbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello people,

I'm stuck here. So I'm at a cashier at this bakery and lately there's this one customer that keeps visiting me and he asked for my number twice. (The first time I pretended I didn't hear him and he ended up giving me his number, which I then threw away) and I made a stupid mistake and gave him my number today and he messaged me via text if I wanted to hang with him on Sunday. Okay but I'm a (closeted) lesbian so I'm not interested in him at all..

Do I just ignore his texts? But I'm afraid he might come to my workplace and confront me about it so maybe that's out of the question.. I don't know what to do. And I can't straight up tell him I'm only into women because I'm afraid of the secret getting out.

Also I'm 18 but look older than my age and this guy is in his late 20's to 30's but I guess that's irrelevant lol.

What do I do???

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would just ignore his text messages. I did this with a guy coworker of mine from a different department. He'll say hello to me in passing but that's it, he gave up texting me after a few tries. He'll hopefully just assume you gave him a wrong number on purpose, or take the hint.

#2 AlexJames, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2017
  3. Ruinbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Alright, i'll do this.. hopefully he doesn't return, pretty sure he just wants one thing from me :dry:

4. DementedTrendz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could Tell Him That you are not interested, He cant do anything *LEGALLY* about it if you are not into guys. Or you could tell him that you are a lesbian, but im guessing if you are closeted then that is a very undesirable option. Or like you said, You could ignore him and hope he goes away (50/50 chance)

Hope this helps!

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think rather than ignoring, I'd simply respond and say "Hey, thanks, I'm flattered, but I'm not interested. I appreciate the thought." And leave it at that.

6. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Chip. The fact that you gave him your number was an indication from you that you were interested. How unfortunate for this guy if you just totally ignore him, that's rather unfair. You did give him your number after all.

7. DrummerGirl2000

Ditto ^^^ You should kindly, but directly, reject him and decline the offer.