1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it wrong?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mpanagias, Mar 4, 2017.

1. mpanagias

I am 100% sure I am gay but I want to kiss or even have sex with a female in my life, so that I am 200% sure I am gay. :eusa_doh: Is it wrong for me to play with the feelings of a person like this, just to find out if I like it or not? If I am going to kiss a girl and I don't like it, what am I supposed to do? Just say that I didn't like it and I don't want to ever do it again? I feel like this is too rude. The main question is; Should I kiss a girl while I am certain that I am gay without telling it to her?

2. Myles Kramer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hm. No you shouldn't manipulate someone in your life just for shits and giggles and get them interested in you under false pretenses and then just drop them. Should you experiment? Definitely. This is some moral grey area!

For the least amount of damage but still maintain the freedom to see if you develop mutual feelings for a woman, you could try an online dating site, find someone you click with, get to know them, and then meet up for a few dates. Maybe list yourself as bisexual on the website, because thats what you seem to want to rule out and if/ when you decide you aren't interested the way you see she is, you can just be honest and say "I think you are a wonderful person but I made a mistake, I thought I wanted you but I just don't think I can be with a woman right now." A lot of people know that online dating is pretty shotty at best and more likely to be redefining and experimenting themself! Someone online meeting a stranger would probably be perfectly fine with letting you go just as easily as you two met.

Alternatively, you could just go pick someone up at a bar for a night, dance with them/ hit on them, maybe kiss and see how you feel from there on out. If you aren't comfortable, you can just make some bullshit excuse and gtfo. (Probably to bring a wingman who you can text with a 911 to give you that bullshit excuse "oh shit sorry my friend here is throwing up/ upset I need to take him home, it was great to meet you here's a phone number (fake number)" and then disappear into the night.)

What you shouldn't do: lead "a female in my life" on. Do not make them trust you, fall for you, while you experiment. That will blow up in your face and you will seriously hurt the person-- and they may not let it go as easily as the women in other two options I suggested.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. There is no circumstance where it is acceptable to manipulate someone in that way.

If you know, you know. No reason to try to convince ykursf.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you are 100% sure that you are gay, there is no need for you to kiss and have sex with a girl just so to make double sure that you are gay. Playing with someone else's feelings is not appropriate, nor fair to the other person.

Place yourself in the shoes of that person. Would you like it, if someone where to do the same thing you have proposed to do? How would you feel afterwards?

5. mpanagias

I am sorry for making this thread. Now that I am reading it again with a clear mind I understand how dumb it is. I just won't try anything with a woman ever I guess. Except if she still wants after knowing that I am gay.

6. smurf

Don't play with people, like the other people say.

That being said, if you ever know someone who you think would be okay with helping you explore your curiosity, then there is no harm in that. If you let that person know what you are after and you both know why you are doing it, then go for it.

7. hiii

If you feel like being curious, I'm sure there are other better ways to try being with a girl without getting her emotions tangled and hurting her. Maybe you could try hookup apps that are solely for casual sexual encounters, or dating apps, in which case you should make it clear that you just want to hook-up. Or maybe you could go to a club or a bar and make it clear that you are looking for a one-night stand or something?

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's only okay if the other person knows everything you are doing and consents to it.

I am a lesbian, but I know so many straight women who are curious about girls. They end up thinking I want to experiment with them, when I really don't. I'm a person, not a sex object. If someone were into experimenting, that would be okay, but I get tired of these people crowding up my entire dating pool.

I recommend seeking out a curious lesbian instead, since there's less risk of hurt feelings.