1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating advice?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by questionable, Mar 6, 2017.

1. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a crush on this close friend of mine and he's aware about my feelings for him as I confessed a few months ago. When I confessed, I wasn't really expecting much from him but he responded and he said he's not yet ready for a new relationship and "for now" we should remain as friends and he doesn't want me to think that he's leading me on and he doesn't want to make it seem that he's leading me on without him even knowing. From then on, we haven't talked about this crush thing for many months.

Just these past weeks, my friends told me that they had a "heart to heart talk" with my crush while I wasn't around and they stumbled upon the topic of me confessing my feelings for him back in July and they asked him (my crush) about his love life and if I have a chance on him becoming his boyfriend if ever, but this time it's different. They said that he responded with a "yes, he's actually very fine for me to become my boyfriend and I really think he's attractive", and my friend can't remember other compliments my crush said about me. Then my friend added that he's not suppose to tell me those things because my crush said that they should not tell any of the things they have talked about to me because as he said before, he doesn't want me to think that he's leading me on.

I just don't get it. If he likes me back, why would he keep saying that he doesn't want me to think that he's leading me on? Isn't what he's doing really is leading me on? I don't know if I should be avoiding or distancing myself from him. All I know is, I want to be with him. I want something more than just friends between us. I don't how to make the first move. I don't know how to start things off if I really want to take this to the next level. I just know that I love him already. There's never a day that he never crossed my mind, I just want to be so close, hold his hand and tell him how much I love him since the day we met. :icon_sad: :tears:

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There could be any number of reasons why he hasn't confessed his feelings to you yet. Maybe there's something going on his life that he still doesn't feel ready to have a relationship. Maybe he's afraid that your feelings have changed and that you've moved on. Maybe he's afraid of losing you as a friend if things don't work out between the two of you. He's really the only person who knows what's going on in his head.

If you want to know for sure, talk to him. I'd proceed carefully, though. He told your friends those things in confidence and they broke that trust. If you can think of a way to approach the subject without bringing up what they told you, that might be best.