1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Only Young Lesbian Professional in Phoenix?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by hypatia, Mar 7, 2017.

1. hypatia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a young, ambitious, and hard-working young professional. I've been to all sorts of meetups, groups and events throughout the valley, but haven't met any other young and ambitious lesbian professionals. Is this thing a rarity in the valley? I feel like the only one out here. Thoughts, help, or advice from anyone who's been in a similar situation is appreciated. It's starting to feel lonely.

Thanks in advance!

#1 hypatia, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lived in Phoenix for about nine years, and I can tell you with certainty that you're not the only one. :slight_smile:

That said, the LGBT community in Phoenix is (like everything else) very spread out, and it can be hard to get together with others or find people looking for similar things as yourself, whatever that may be.

It might help if you could say what you are looking for people for. Friends? Dating? Professional networking?

3. hypatia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your reply! :slight_smile:
    I'm looking for all three, actually. The dating scene seems to stress encounters over relationships, and I moved away from online dating after being hurt, a lot. I used to attend LGBT networking events in the hope that I'd find a mentor, but stopped after being asked, on more than one occasion, why I was there to pick up women. Which surprised me because the women there were old enough to be my grandmother. As to friends, I haven't met any lesbians that have similar interests. My apologies for sounding like a Debbie Downer. I would move to another city, but have to stay for career reasons.

4. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi! I'm also in the Valley! Unfortunately I work too much and never have many opportunities to join meet-ups or attend events, but would love to do more of that. I've had very little luck with the online dating scene, but wasn't sure how much of that was because I'm still new-ish to the LGBT community and just slightly less new to Phoenix or how much is just because the community is pretty small. Although I can think of more than a handful of people at my work who are in the community, but haven't found a good way to come out to any of them. Would be happy to talk more!

5. hypatia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi musicheals315!
    No worries, as long as it doesn't transgress any of the community rules, feel free to private message me and meet for coffee. I'm eager to meet as many young lesbian professionals as possible for networking and friendship purposes. I'm very cautious with dating, and prefer friendships most of the time. Please feel welcome to message me and talk more.

Best!

6. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Tried sending a message, but it said I can't send a message to a regular or full member :/