1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad experience..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DreamonRose, Mar 7, 2017.

1. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was in the car with my aunt and the radio was on. There was a woman talking to people about how she wasn't gay anymore because she doesn't want to be a disgrace. They said that the only reason people are gay is because they grew up in a bad home and people on TV made them think it was okay. I was soooo hurt by that. My aunt was trying to hurry up and turn it off even though she doesn't know about me. I just don't like being put in those situation because stuff where I have had to just listen to people bag on LGBT it makes me just break inside. I have to go through it alot too because my family is very Christian and straight. Can anyone help?

2. GRM

GRM

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I recommend in your case to many wait until you are independent and a grown up to come out. It is the safe way because if they are christian and very straight you might get disowned or thrown out. So if I was you I'll try to keep low profile. But I can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with that, I'm sorry.

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Literally same. My mom and a client were talking about the new Beauty and the Beast movie today during a session - specifically the inclusion of a gay man, a side character with a brief gay moment. My mom and this particular client get along quite well because they are both very conservative and share the same political views. I was upstairs in my room but i heard it anyways. "I can't believe it. They can't be throwing it in kids faces like that. They can't grow up seeing it on tv thinking its okay, you know thinking its acceptable." And my mom agrees and talks about how kids need a good, christian upbringing and that they certainly don't need to see that in a kids movie. I saw on facebook too, one of my neighbors growing up, her mom posted a facebook post directed at her daughter asking if she'd heard about the gay scene and asking if she was going or not. And then of course the comments on the article itself.

Ugh. I know its their religion and they have a right to believe what they want...my mom talks about it every time gay rights comes on the tv. About how she thinks the LGBT movement wants them to shut up and not have an opinion. And i get that...everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But it just always seems like its at our detriment. Why can't we all just agree to disagree? Let it be a non-issue? Can't we all just get along and treat each other right regardless. It hurts. My mom's like this too. I know she'll call me every insult in existence if she were to find out and think i'm disgusting and want nothing to do with me anymore and probably ban me from seeing my little sister while she still lives with her.

4. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know if I can do this anymore. I am going to be in college for a long time and my family will never change like their is church every Sunday and Bible Study every Wednesday. I don't know how I am going to get through this. I hate what the world is. Why can't gay be seen the same as straight like what is the freaking problem. I want to cry sometimes thinking about what hell I will have to go through the next 16 years. (12 years of college). I just wish I could change something.

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    College is usually much better. Even if you're living at home while you go. But if you're out the door.. improvement. Yes, if I looked forward (in direction, not with positive feelings) to 12 more years of closeting, that would discourage me too. But I think it won't be so bad.

Where do you have plans/hopes of going to college?

6. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am definitely leaving California. I want to either go to Duke in North Carolina or a school in Georgia just because I like that state.