1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do in this situation?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThatBiGuy, Mar 9, 2017.

1. ThatBiGuy

So recently at school I thought all this homophobic behaviour had stopped, but I was wrong. Recently I've been called a "Retard" and "Stupid", they had done this a few months ago too. I'm really bad at making the right choices and I'm just asking what to do in a situation like this.
    Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really think you should speak to a member of staff about what's happening. If your school has student support staff, you might want to talk to them first. I can understand if you are reluctant and you might be concerned that it will lead to more abuse and bullying, but it's better to have the staff looking out for you than enduring weeks and months of homophobic bullying with nobody looking out for you. If you bring it to the schools attention it might also prompt them to start a program of LGBT awareness education that will counter some of the stupidity and benefit other student who are struggling with their sexuality. Trust me, you will not be the only one.

Don't be ashamed of who you are and don't worry that you are snitching or grassing. If they weren't being utter dicks you wouldn't even have to mention it.

If it feels like it's getting too much for you come back here and post a message so we can offer support. Don't go it alone. I made that mistake when I was at school.